Shop Hop 2014

Shop Hop 2014

Saturday, March 1, 2014

On Socks

SO, I really like to knit socks.  Katie tried socks once and said never again.  The first time I successfully turned a heel I was over the moon.  Last weekend we met up with our son's family in Chicago and I was knitting socks.  My two year old grandson was in love with the colorful yarn and kept unwinding it and remarking on how beautiful it was.  Now, when my kids were little, if they had begged for a pair of hand knit socks, the reply would have been something like, "Are you kidding?  Do you see how busy I am?"  But now I'm a grandma, and who can resist the big blue eyes of a grandson?  His question for me was "did I have any yarn with blue and green and yellow and orange?"  Since I sport a rather large (!) stash, I had no trouble finding the perfect yarn.  Those socks went off in the mail yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment